for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
Do you want...
- a hands-on laboratory experience before you graduate?
- first-rate research mentoring that will help your career?
- a computing challenge in an academic environment?
- a rewarding and enjoyable summer in a wonderful college town?
- free room and board, travel, AND a substantial pay?
Then join students from Gallaudet, NTID/RIT, and other institutions around the country for a unique summer research internship at the University of Michigan!
The Kresge Hearing Research Institute at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor has been offering a summer experience in biomedical sciences and computing since 1990. Every year we accept up to five students into this popular program, which is supported by the National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders). Get your transcripts and letters ready and apply today!
This program for the deaf and hard-of-hearing has also attracted local and national attention with newspaper articles and even a television segment on CNN's Healthline. In 1992, the Kresge Hearing Research Institute was honored by the National Capital Association for Cooperative Education as "Employer of the Year" in Gallaudet's cooperative off-campus programs.